1-888-996-3501 alert may appear as a BSoD, claiming "**Microsoft Warning Alert** Malicious pornographic spyware/riskware detected" or tells that there are some potential threats detected, which needs you to call the number provided to get certified support immediately. Are you going to buy the saying and make the call?
Get to Know 1-888-996-3501 Pop-up
Never rash to take the given points! This 1-888-996-3501 warning, although being labeled "Microsoft Help Desk", is as a matter of fact a tech support scam designed to cause distress and help swindlers behind to promote some kind of tech support service. All things from this phishing scam, such as webpage redirect, freezing screen, scary information, pop-up bombardments are used to make you act without inconsideration. You should know that 1-888-996-3501 is not operated by Microsoft technicians and if you ring the number and get convinced by anyone on the end of the phone, you are probably the next victim granting bad guys to access your system remotely and then crying for your loss.
Seeing 1-888-996-3501 security warning pop-up means there is an adware or potentially unwanted program having invaded your computer and performing malicious actions behind. If you don’t take action to locate and uproot the initiator bundled by this phishing scam, the harassment won’t stop. Need help get out of trouble? You could try the following steps.
STEP 1: Remove 1-888-996-3501 Ad from Windows/Mac
STEP 2: Reset your browser to get rid of 1-888-996-3501 Pop-up
STEP 3: Remove 1-888-996-3501 Pop-up Automatically
STEP 1: Remove 1-888-996-3501 Pop-up from Windows/Mac
In this step, you need to locate and uninstall scam related or any other malicious program installed stealthily.
On Windows 10/8:
- Right-click the Start button (or Open Win+X Power menu), tap on Control Panel
- click Uninstall a program, right-click on the program that you want to remove from your Windows and then click Uninstall button.
Click on Start >> Control Panel >> Programs; locate any suspicious program and Uninstall it
Go to the Launchpad, search for suspicious application, click and hold its icon with your mouse button to continue.
STEP 2: Reset your browser settings to get rid of 1-888-996-3501 Pop-up
- Click Chrome menu -> Settings to get chrome://settings/ page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the setting page and click Show advanced settings
- Scroll down to the bottom once again and click Reset Settings
- Open Firefox -> choose Help -> choose Troubleshooting information
- Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want it back to default.
- Click Tool -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset to get the Reset IE settings tab
- Select Delete personal settings, click Reset button.
- Click the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the Edge window and choose "Settings".
- Under Clear browsing data, click "Choose what to clear" and then click "Show more".
- There are a lot of data types here. Select them all and click "Clear".
- Open your Safari browser from the dock
- Click on Safari in your Safari menu at the top of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled "Reset Safari…"
If you fail to locate the malware from the list of your Programs/Applications, you could think about using a removal tool for help.
STEP 3: Remove 1-888-996-3501 Pop-up with security tool SpyHunter or MacKeeper automatically
For Win OS: Use SpyHunter to help you
SpyHunter will not only protect your PC from the latest malware attacks by detecting and removing all traces of threats (including worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more) with industry-leading technology, but also provide technical support and custom fixes for hard-to-kill malware.
a) Click the icon below to download and install the free scanner SpyHunter
c) Once the program finishes scanning, you could consider registering for a paid version SpyHunter to completely fix this scam issue.
For Mac OS: MacKeeper is recommended
MacKeeper - a choice of millions and the best application for Mac. It can help you protect and maintain you system by offering different features such as Mac Security, Data Control, Cleaning, Optimization. Click the following icon to get the safeguard now!
MacKeeper can do more than erase all sorts of internet threats and allow you to have full control on your Mac’s security. If you have any problem using this tool, you could get in touch with specialists from its Geek on Demand feature.
Your computer should be free from 1-888-996-3501 tech support scam now. Since experienced skills are always required during manual removal, we recommend that you keep SpyHunter or MacKeeper installed on your system and perform regular computer scans, just in case.